Topic: High Sensitivity Troponin in the ED Setting
Wednesday August 13, at 6PM
53 West Palisade Ave #205
Englewood NJ 07631
Serial Changes in Highly Sensitive Troponin I Assay and Early Diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction
High-Sensitivity vs Conventional troponin for management and prognosis assessment of patients with acute chest pain
Sensitive Troponin I Assay in Early Diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Dr. Johnston has graciously agreed to host this month’s JC at his home. It’s a pot luck, so bring your favorite dish and/or beverage. Significant others welcome.
1. Review the statistical terms: Accuracy vs Precision and Sensitivity vs Specificity as they relate to the use of hs-TN.
2. What disease processes other than ACS may lead to an elevated hs-TN?
3. What is the agreed upon Universal Definition of MI and what is the ACEP Clinical Policy regarding chest pain evaluation?
4. How should risk stratification factor into ACS assessment and hs-TN use in the ED?
5. What are the relative strengths and weaknesses of the three studies with respect to their design and implementation?